Our History

In 1947, Navajo Missions founder, Jack Drake, moved from Michigan to minister at the Navajo Methodist Mission School in Farmington, New Mexico. When Jack and his wife were approached by Navajo families for support, their words broke Jack’s heart.

Jack resigned from Navajo Methodist Mission School in 1952, to build a children’s home for Navajo children. When applying for a $12,000 loan from a local bank to purchase twelve acres of land, he was turned down. Instead, the president of the bank donated the money to Jack for this ministry.

In 1953, founder, Jack Drake, pitched a borrowed tent on the west edge of Farmington. Thus began Navajo Missions, a ministry designed to care for children from the Four Corners region who needed a safe place to call home.

jackdinewoman

After 53 years of providing hope and restoration to families, Navajo Missions changed its name in 2006 to Navajo Ministries, and then to Four Corners Home for Children in 2020. Today, Four Corners Home for Children operates programs including; the House of Faith, House of Hope, Four Corners Families, Four Corners Academy for Excellence, Ranch Program, and Navajo Nation Outreach.

The Four Corners Home for Children is an interdenominational ministry with more than 30 staff members who attend various local churches.