The Four Corners Home for Children helps the people we serve through programs that instill hope, restoration and Christian values.
STATEMENT OF FAITH
All Board members subscribe annually in writing to the following:
- We believe in one God, eternally existing in three persons: Father, Son and the Holy Spirit. (Matthew 28:19; II Corinthians 13:14)
- We believe that the Bible in its entirety (composed of sixty-six books) is the Holy, infallible Word of God; that it is and ever shall be the complete and final revelation of the will of God to man; and the final authority in all spiritual matters. (II Timothy 3:16)
- We believe that Jesus Christ is God, the Son. We believe that He was conceived by the Holy Spirit, born of the virgin Mary, lived a sinless life, and by His voluntary sacrificial death on Calvary and by His bodily and visible resurrection from the dead, paid the penalty of sin and purchased eternal life for all. (Micah 5:2; Matthew 1:20, 21, 25; John 19:17-19; 20:16-17)
- We believe that God created the universe and that it was perfect; that man was created in the image of God, but fell into sin; that all men are sinners by nature and under God’s condemnation (Genesis 1:1, 2, 27; Romans 5:18a)
- We believe that salvation is the gift of God by grace through faith in the Lord Jesus Christ, whose blood was shed for the forgiveness of our sins; that this salvation is the possession of those who by faith accept Christ as their personal Savior. We believe that there is no other way of salvation. (John 3:16; 16:7-11; Romans 10:13; Ephesians 2:5,8)
- We believe that the Holy Spirit, who is a Person of the Trinity, convicts the world of sin, of righteousness, and of judgment, and that it is by His power that the born-again Christian is enabled to live the Christian life. (Matthew 28:18, 19; Romans 8:1, 14)
- We believe that marriage was instituted by God as a picture of His love for his church with the intent that it would be a life-long heterosexual union between one woman and one man, to the exclusion of any other person, without separation or divorce; resulting in mutual spiritual, emotional and physical intimacy. (I Corinthians 7:3-5; 7:10-11; Genesis 2:24)
- We believe that each parent has a God-given responsibility to nurture, love, protect, and discipline their children; with the hope of raising a responsible adult, and doing so without being harsh or punitive in the execution of their responsibility. (Ephesians 6:1-4)
- We believe that God created human life to begin at conception and end at death; and that each human being, no matter their age, appearance, physical or mental challengers, race, born or unborn, to be of priceless value and of great worth. (John 3:16; Psalm 139:13-14)
Navajoland: Our ministry encompasses the multi-cultural needs of the Four Corners Region.
Accountability: We will be accountable to God, those we serve, our donors and each other.
Value: We will esteem all people, realizing that God is our source and people are His resources.
Always Pray: Everything we do will be done through prayer and seeking the Lord.
Jesus: He is our example for everything we do.
Obedience: The word of God is our standard for conduct and ministry.
Motivation: Our calling is to be a light in the darkness, reaching out to lost and hurting people.
Integrity: Righteousness and honor shall be evident in our lifestyle.
Nurturing: We will reach out with love and mercy, restoring people to wholeness through Christ’s love.
Interdenominational: Our goal is to promote unity within the body of Christ.
Servanthood: As His friends and family, we serve Christ and our community as a reflection of our love for Him.
Thankful: We are grateful for everyone who invests their prayers, gifts and lives in this ministry.
Restoration: It is our desire to see the spirituality disillusioned restored to Fellowship with God.
Impact: Our desire is to make an impact on this generation with the life changing message of Christ.
Educational: Every ministry program is designed to provide learning opportunities to participants.
Stewardship: We seek and honor God with responsible use of the resources He has provided.