July 2021 Prayer Requests
- We thank God for our President, Annette Reich. Pray for her as she leads us in morning devotions, encourages each staff member and child, works with our Board of Directors, and maintains the integrity of Four Corners Home for Children.
- Pray for the churches in our area that are holding Vacation Bible Schools this summer. Pray for the salvation of many children and new families to be brought into the church for growth and fellowship.
- Pray for our newest staff member, Pamela Patrick, who is serving on staff as mentor for our Four Corners Families program. Pamela has moved from Washington state and is eager to begin her ministry with us.
- Ask for God’s blessing on our country as we celebrate our nation’s birth. Pray for our President and leaders as they make decisions that affect all of us as citizens.
- Pray for each marriage represented by our staff to be a Godly reflection of Christ’s love for His Church.
- Pray for Roger and Carol Kittle who are leaving for their homeland, Georgia, today. Pray for them to have safety in travel, divine appointments, and a wonderful time with family and friends.
- Pray for Ranch Manager Paula Terpsma as she works with the children, teaching them skills in gardening and caring for the animals. Pray for safety as she teaches the children to ride the horses.
- Pray for the children in the House of Faith as they participate in summer activities such as swimming, hiking, camp, and day trips. Pray for the staff who supervise these activities and transport the children many miles during the summer.
- Pray for Childcare Coordinator, Hope Humbles, as she works with the children and childcare team. She receives weekly requests to place children in our homes. Ask God to provide all the staff we need so we can fulfill these requests.
- Pray for former children, now adults, who lived at Four Corners Home for Children and are now raising families of their own. These adults are scattered throughout the Four Corners region and the U. S., working in various occupations. Pray for them to be positive representatives of Jesus Christ.
- Pray for pastors across the Navajo Nation who are sharing God’s Word today in over 200 churches. Pray for them to teach their people how to apply God’s Word to their daily lives.
- Pray for Annette Reich and Hope Humbles as they conduct interviews for selecting a teacher for our 2021-22 school year at Four Corners Academy of Excellence. Pray for God’s direction and wisdom as they make their selection.
- Pray for Office Manager Kelly Karlin who assists with direct mail lists, monthly reports, assists in payroll and various other responsibilities. Pray for her to enjoy good health and be refreshed during her days off.
- Pray for Charity Humbles as she serves as housemother in the House of Faith and works on the program being instituted for the Four Corners Families program. Pray for needed staff to be hired for the House of Faith so Charity can give her full attention to overseeing Four Corners Families.
- Pray for Jim and Kay Baker as they connect with donors through letters, emails, and phone calls, updating them on the Ministry highlights and needs.
- Pray for our Board of Directors as they meet today to discuss ministry opportunities, as well as make decisions that impact the Four Corners Home for Children. Pray for each board member to have Godly wisdom and discernment.
- Pray for each of our donors as they faithfully pray for this Ministry and provide financial support that enables us to be a light in the Four Corners region. Pray for God to encourage them in their faith and provide for all their personal needs.
- Pray for Joe and Gerri Begay as they lead services today at Grace Community Fellowship in Chinle, Arizona. Pray for Joe to receive strength and healing from the Lord. Pray for Gerri as she assumes much of the leadership at the church.
- Pray for 15-year-old Brittney as she leaves today for six days of camp at Cross Bar X Youth Camp in Durango, Colorado. Pray for her to open her heart to the teaching she will receive and grow in her faith as she spends a week making new friends in this Christian environment.
- Pray for Hannah Begay, our Graphic Designer, as she works with us on a limited basis. Hannah’s husband, Jered, has accepted a call to be a full-time pastor in Crownpoint, New Mexico. Jered, Hannah, and their daughter, Gracelynn will be moving to Crownpoint in the near future, and Hannah will be working from there.
- Pray for those visiting our Ministry campus this summer as they travel through our area. Pray for safety as they travel and a time of refreshment as they visit with our staff and children. Pray for their experience at Four Corners Home for Children to be an oasis in their travels.
- Pray for Jeanette and Vickie as they serve faithfully in our office receipting gifts, paying bills, and keeping up with the general operation of our office.
- Happy anniversary to Vice President Bob Fitz and his wife Leslie, as they celebrate 54 years of marriage. We are grateful for Bob’s leadership as he assists Annette Reich in making financial decisions for the Ministry.
- Pray for our military who sacrificially serve our country. Pray for Arron Sam, a former child at Four Corners Home for Children, who serves in the Marines. Pray for Roger and Carol Kittles’ son, Charles, who serves in the Navy. Pray for Jake Burdick, grandson of Bob Fitz.
- Pray for each adult who serves as youth pastor, Sunday school teacher, counselor, or mentor to our children in residency. As they speak truth into the lives of our children, pray for each child to benefit and grow through their wisdom.
- Pray for Sonny, Taylor, and Darius as they leave today for six days of camping at Bar X Youth Camp in Durango, Colorado. Pray for them to learn new insights and skills that will help them become the young men God created them to be.
- Pray for Rick Terpsma and Andy Kellywood as they provide for the maintenance needs on campus. Pray for their safety as they work, especially in the summer heat when they have to work outdoors.
- Pray for the natural parents of our current children in residency. Pray for them to make life changes that will aid them in being responsible adults and good role models for their children.
- Pray for Tina Hilliard who serves as our cook and provides the evening meal for all our children and staff living on campus.
- Pray for the persecuted church around the world who are suffering just for confessing Jesus Christ as their Lord. Pray for their times of trial to strengthen them, not destroy them. Pray for them to be sustained in their faith and know God’s presence.
- Pray for the spread of the Gospel across the Navajo Nation resulting in a revival that will expand the Kingdom of God. Pray for those who are serving as pastors and missionaries to not become weary in well doing but find strength in the Lord for each day.
To send a prayer request, email email@example.com
Ministry Highlights and Prayer Focus
Kids and Camp
For over 40 years, the children of Four Corners Home for Children have been able to attend 1 to 2 weeks of summer camp at Cross Bar X Youth Camp in Durango, Colorado. This Christian camp provides a safe atmosphere where children and teens are mentored by caring adults, presented with the Gospel of Jesus, taught life skills, and receive individual attention that is often lacking in the lives of children today. They are encouraged in their spiritual growth and receive encouraging notes throughout the year from their counselors and camp staff members.
While at camp, the kids participate in canoeing, archery, horseback riding, crafts, and Bible study. They can also enjoy the high ropes course, zip line, and giant swing. They participate in night hikes that allow them to view the dark skies filled with stars. It a wonderful place and often the highlight of our kids’ summer.
Please be in prayer for our children as they attend camp during the following dates: Brittney (7/19 to 7/24); Sonny, Taylor, and Darius (7/26 – 7/31). Mikka attended camp June 21 – 26 and had a wonderful time.
Prayer Focus For July
- Praise God for the opportunity our children have to attend a Christian camp where they can expand their knowledge of who Jesus is and His plan for their lives.
- Pray for safety for each child as they are involved in summer activities.
- Pray for each child to grow in wisdom, stature and in favor with God and man.
- Pray for our newest staff member, Pamela Patrick.
NAVAJO MINISTRIES PROVIDES HOPE AND RESTORATION TO FAMILIES IN NAVAJOLAND THROUGH THE FOLLOWING PROGRAMS:
Four Corners Academy for Excellence
Four Corners Home for Children
Four Corners Families
Navajo Nation Outreach